Electronic communications of Shipping Bill and e-Gatepass
Vide earlier update, we updated you on the reforms in Customs clearance under initiative Customs Turant Scheme launched by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (‘CBIC’). Recently, the CBIC has mandated the use of digitally signed Shipping Bill (instead of physical copy) and e-Gatepass (‘EGP’) effective June 22, 2020. The gist of same is as under:
Let Export Order of Shipping Bill
The Directorate General of Systems (‘DGS’) will provide PDF version of final Let Export Order copy of Shipping Bill (‘LEO’) via email to customs brokers and registered exporters. The salient features of said LEO are as under:
- CBIC will digitally signed PDF version of LEO;
- LEO will have encrypted QR code. QR Code will contain following information:
Shipping Bill number;
Shipping Bill date;
Free on Board value;
Package details; and
Latest version number is allotted in case of cancellation.
- The authenticity of LEO can be verified through Mobile app ‘ICETRAK’; and
- Communication will be sent to custodians registered with ICEGATE.
e-Gatepass of Shipping Bill
DGS will issue EGP in PDF form to all logistics operators for movement of export goods. The salient features of EGP are as under:
- EGP shall contain details of containers / packages for movement of goods and can be verified by the custodian at entry / exit gate;
- Two QR codes will be provided on EGP (i.e. on EGP and on container / package) to ensure movement of containers / packages mentioned in EGP; and
- EGP shall be issued in the following cases:
Packaged and other bulk cargos – At the time of issuance of Shipping Bill
Containerized cargo – Post receipt of container stuffing information
It is pertinent to note that all supporting documents required for export of goods, shall be uploaded in e-Sanchit.