We bring forth complex matrix of different tax laws in a simple, understandable and executable manner to build tax efficiencies. Our service offerings in this Section, encompass following areas:
Goods and Services Tax:
- Determination of applicability & nature of tax, valuation, cross-charge, reverse-charge, requirement to obtain registration, eligibility to avail ITC, distribution of ITC through ISD
- Determining tariff classification and applicable GST rates
- Availability of ITC in situations of merger, demerger, amalgamation, lease or transfer of business
- Identifying and maximizing GST refund claims
- Applicability of GST and availability of ITC for proceedings under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- Support in audits and investigations initiated by departmental authorities like Audit wing, DGGSTI, DGCEI etc.
- Regular updates on recent changes in GST law
Customs, Foreign Trade Policy and other allied laws:
- Determining tariff classification and applicable customs duty rates including availability of duty concessions under Preferential & Free Trade Agreements
- Review of Special Value Branch (SVB) submissions and analyzing customs valuation for related party transactions
- Determining applicable Import & Export control regulations like SCOMET etc.
- Availability of various export incentives like Duty Drawback, RoDTEP, EPCG, Advance Authorization etc.
- Advisory on legal and procedural issues under Customs and Foreign Trade Policy
- Support in audits and investigations initiated by departmental authorities like Audit wing, DRI etc.
- Regular updates on recent changes in Customs and Foreign Trade Policy
We undertake comprehensive review of legal positions and compliances undertaken by businesses under GST, Customs and allied laws. In such reviews, we conduct on-site and offline discussions with client’s personnel to understand its business and tax positions. Thereafter, we present a detailed report to client containing tax optimization opportunities, exposure areas and areas of procedural improvement. We along with client’s management decide on way forward and steps for implementing suggested changes.
We believe that fundamentals of any litigation are built in its early stages. We endeavor in resolving matters in most effective and favorable manner. We pride ourselves at being assertive litigators and skilled negotiators. We provide support in all areas of Indirect Taxes and Legal Metrology Law at each stage of litigation.
Our services include:
- In-depth analysis of matters, formulating pre-litigation strategies and crafting plan of action
- Drafting replies to show cause notices, appeals, writs and SLPs before High Courts and Supreme Court
- Appearing before Adjudicating Authorities, DGFT, Revisionary Authority, Appellate Authorities, Tribunals, High Courts and Supreme Court on PAN India basis
- Drafting advance ruling applications seeking clarifications on key issues and appearing before Authority for Advance Ruling
- Analysis of Amnesty schemes introduced from time to time and supporting clients in settling disputes through such schemes
We provide Policy Advocacy Support to clients’ with highest ethical standards. Our services include drafting and filing of representation and causing representation in relation to policy matters or seeking amendment in laws or clarifications on industry wide issues under GST, Customs, Foreign Trade Policy, Legal Metrology etc. before all administrative fora including:
- Union and State Finance Ministries, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Consumer Affairs etc.
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
- GST Council
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- Union and State Tax Authorities
The labelling requirements for packaged commodities in India are governed under the Legal Metrology Act, 2009 and the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011.
We offer complete solution in terms of advisory, review and litigation support under these laws. Our service offerings include:
- Carrying out review and verification of declarations on existing packages (including warehouse visits), advertisements, identifying areas of non-compliance and suggesting corrective changes
- Advisory regarding labelling requirements on Client’s imported and domestic products
- Advisory on legal and procedural issues
- Drafting of replies to notices issued by authorities and making appearances therein
We conduct trainings on complex issues on Indirect Tax and Legal Metrology laws, specially customized to cover client-specific needs. We devise training modules for clients including their vendors and customers.
Our training modules include:
- Providing detailed insights on complex issues
- Interactive sessions on peculiar transactions / issues relating to various business functions viz legal, procurement, sales, logistics, finance and accounts, tax compliance, treasury etc.
- Updating on new developments, amendments and changes around Indirect Tax laws
B3/58, 3rd Floor, Safdarjung Enclave,
New Delhi 110029
91Springboard Business Hub Private Limited,
Plot No. D-5, Road No. 20, Marol MIDC, Andheri East, Mumbai-400093
+91 11 41091200
+91 11 41091202