Checklist for application – International Trade Law Update #40
DGTR has released Trade Notice 04/2021 dated June 16, 2021 which provides for revised checklist for submission of anti-dumping duty and countervailing duty applications for initiation of investigation. Key changes include:
- Applications can be filed in soft copy and a dedicated e-mail id has been specified therein.
- Deficiency in the application to be rectified within 5 days from date of receipt of deficiency notice.
- Period of investigation should not be older than four months from the date of application. In case of any deviation, applicant must justify the same.
- Supporter of the application is required to provide basic information such as installed capacity, production quantity, sales etc.
- Applicant should provide documents in support of capacity claimed, project report (in case of new industry), etc as submitted to Government agency. In its absence, management certified document may be provided. However, if it is found at a later date that said documents are submitted to Government agency, the petition will be liable for rejection.
Please click on the below link to access Trade Notice 04/2021 dated June 16, 2021